Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

"BEST BUDDIES"
WHO SAYS GUYS CANNOT BE MORE THAN A FRIEND?
WE ARE BESTFRIEND!!!
-LOL-

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Katakanlah Amirah Ali

dont know how many Malaysian have heard of her..but i honestly, just found out about her today when a friend in facebook just promoted this song, Katakanlah ( "say it" @ "tell me" )..usually this kind of song are just not my cup of coffee..but after replaying the song for several times, this song is really something..with a very poetic but simple lyrics, i think i kinda like this song;p



ok what about the song? the song actually reminds me of Note To God by JoJo which then covered by Charice..with a similar subject but a softer approach, this self declared World Pop singer write the song by herself with the music showcasing a fusion of traditional musical instruments such as tanbura, tabla and seruling, along with modern drums, strings and electronic synths..theres even some other version including a strip down vocal with piano and a club remix by Antithesis..

& fyi, this song is actually a finalist of The  John Lennon Songwriting Competition 2010 under World Category, & just recently placed 2nd in the World Category of International Songwriting Competition..CLICK HERE for the full list of winners..& not to forget, she actually already quiet made her name in the US..so yeah, another local artist who seems to get more attention abroad..huhu



so enough with the blurbs..lets just go to the song..& here i attached the lyrics in Malay & also in English..





KATAKANLAH

Hari ke hari ku cari
Tapiku tidak pasti
Seribu malam ku mimpi
Tapi ku belum fahami

Chorus
Adakahkanku namaku
Adakahkanku kulitku
Ugamaku dan bangsaku
Tradisiku, negaraku
Akalku, buatanku, niatku

Oh Ya Allah
Katakanlah
Ya Allah
Katakanlah

Hari ke hari ku pandang
Tayangan hias bumi
Seribu malam ku kira
Bintang-bintang menawan hati

Chorus

Seluruh dunia di dalam
Sebutir tanah pasir
Kecil-kecilan hidupan
Merangkumi semua angkasa

Chorus


English Translation by U-En

TELL ME

Each passing day I seek,
And yet I am unsure.
For a thousand nights I dream
And still my doubt endures.

Am I but a name?
Mere colour of my skin?
Am I just my faith, beholden to my race?
Am I tradition, blood of a nation?
Am I thought, an act, intention?

Oh God
Tell me
Oh God
Tell me

Each passing day I gaze
Upon this ornamented world.
For a thousand nights I count
The stars that bind my heart.

All the world contained
Within a grain of sand,
Life's merest whisper
Encompasses the firmament.

Deep beneath the tide,
Secrets still abide.
An ancient heritage endures,
Perilous and ever fair.


so hows the song? feel free to comment & give your own review..
peace out ^_^

4 comments:

hilmi9685 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nadia Dscarnia said...

great! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Robin, could you please share the best email to reach you at for media inquiries?

Unknown said...

Hi Robin, I love this article. May i know best email to reach you? Looking forward to your response. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...